Lost Lands Music Festival – A Prehistoric Party
Going to Lost Lands Music Festival this September?
Lost Lands Music Festival is an annual music festival happening on September 22nd-24th that has quickly become one of the most anticipated events in the EDM community. Created by the one-and-only Excision, Lost Lands is known for its lineup of heavy-hitting bass music acts and its Jurassic theme that brings a prehistoric feel to the entire experience. Taking place at Legend Valley in Thornville, Ohio, Lost Lands draws in thousands of attendees from all over the world to come together for a weekend of music, camping, and adventure. If you’re planning on attending Lost Lands, this ultimate guide will provide you with everything you need to know to have the best possible experience!
Ultimate Guide To Lost Lands Music Festival
How Do I Start Planning For Lost Lands?
The first step in planning for Lost Lands is to purchase your tickets as soon as they become available. You can use the green button above to get to the ticket page, or you can click HERE. General Admission tickets for Lost Lands typically cost around $300-400, while VIP tickets cost around $500-700. These prices may vary depending on what tier of tickets are available, what kind of add-ons you purchase, and other factors like taxes and fees. If you are camping, you also have the option to purchase the Wednesday or Thursday Early Entry pass which costs around $85-100 and includes a ticket to the pre-parties. It’s important to note that Lost Lands Festival tickets tend to sell out fairly quickly, so be sure to purchase them as soon as possible to avoid missing out!
Once you have your tickets, the next step is to decide on your camping options if you choose to camp. I would highly suggest camping at Lost Lands because it truly enhances the festival and the entire experience! Lost Lands offers a variety of camping options, including GA Camping, Pre-Setup (Easy) Camping, Glamping, and RV Camping. They even offer quiet camping if you want to be away from the noise at night. GA Camping is the most popular option and allows you to fully immerse yourself in the festival experience, with access to various amenities and services like showers, restrooms, and vendors. The Easy Camping and Glamping options are the next step up and take a good bit of stress off campers by providing a pre-setup tent and a lot more amenities. RV Camping provides space for your own RV, with hookups for water and electricity. For more details and information about the different camping options, check out the Camping Section on the Lost Lands website.
After deciding on your camping options, the next step is to plan your transportation. If you’re flying to the festival, the nearest airport is likely to be John Glenn Columbus International Airport, which is about a thirty-minute drive from Legend Valley, Ohio, where Lost Lands is usually held. If you’re driving, make sure to plan your route ahead of time and account for traffic and potential delays. Lost Lands also offers shuttle services from various locations, including the airport and nearby hotels.
Finally, it’s important to research the festival’s rules and regulations before attending. This includes information about prohibited items, security procedures, and other important details. It’s important to familiarize yourself with these policies to ensure that you’re fully prepared for the event!
What Should I Pack For Lost Lands?
When attending Lost Lands, it’s important to pack appropriately to ensure that you’re comfortable, prepared, and ready to fully enjoy the experience! Here is a comprehensive checklist for what you should pack for the festival, including both general items and camping-specific items:
- Valid ID: You will need a government-issued photo ID to enter the festival.
- Ticket: Make sure you have your ticket wristband, and that it’s properly secured.
- Money: Bring enough cash or a credit/debit card to cover expenses like food, drinks, and merchandise.
- Phone and Charger: You’ll want to have your phone with you to take photos, stay connected with friends, and have access to the festival map and schedule. Make sure to bring a portable charger to keep your phone charged throughout the day.
- Earplugs: Protect your ears from the loud music with a pair of earplugs.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes from the sun and enhance your outfit with a pair of sunglasses.
- Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen frequently throughout the day to protect your skin from the sun.
- Hat/Bandana: A hat or bandana can protect your head and face from the sun and dust.
- Water Bottle: Bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Backpack/Hydropack: A small backpack or hydropack can help you carry all your essentials and stay hydrated.
- Something Warm: It tends to get pretty cold when the sun goes down, so make sure to pack something warm you can change into at night.
Basic Camping Items:
- Tent: If you’re doing GA camping, you’ll need a tent to sleep in. Make sure to choose a tent that’s easy to set up and big enough to accommodate all your stuff.
- Sleeping Bag and Mattress Pad: Keep warm and comfortable with a sleeping bag and mattress pad.
- Camp Chairs: A folding camp chair can provide a comfortable place to sit and relax outside your tent.
- Lantern/Flashlight: Bring a lantern and/or flashlight to help you navigate the campsite at night.
- Cooler: Keep food and drinks cold with a small cooler.
- Portable Grill: If you plan on cooking your own meals, bring a portable grill and fuel.
- Utensils/Cookware: Bring a set of utensils and cookware for cooking and eating meals.
- Toiletries: Bring all your essential toiletries, like toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, and toilet paper, etc.
- Insect Repellant: Keep bugs at bay with insect repellent. I recommend the insect repellant bracelets!
- First Aid Kit: Be prepared for minor injuries with a first aid kit containing items like bandages, antiseptic, and pain relievers.
What Is The Camping Experience Like?
Camping at Lost Lands gives attendees a unique and fully immersive festival experience. I personally love camping at festivals, and I will always recommend it over other lodging options. I love being able to live “inside” the festival and having the ability to go back and forth between the festival and the campsite. Lost Lands campers also get exclusive access to so many wonderful things like extra parties, special performances, vendors, amenities, and more.
Lost Lands offers quite a few camping options, and at first glance, they may seem a little overwhelming. Here is a quick list of all of the camping options, what they include, and how they differ from each other:
- GA Car Camping: This option gives you a 10’x35′ camping space and allows you to bring in one car per space. It also gives you basic access to camping entertainment, activities, food, ice sales, water refills, and showers.
- Tent-Only Forest Camping: This is a tent-only option, so you will not be able to bring a car in. This option allows you to be flexible with the size of your camp and where you put your tents. The Forest Camping area is also a lot more shaded and secluded than other areas!
- Quiet Car Camping: This option is the same as the GA Car Camping except everyone who buys this ticket and camps in this area mutually agrees to stay quiet at night. This option is perfect if you need silence to sleep or just dislike the 24/7 music.
- GA Tent-Only Camping: This is another tent-only option, so no cars! The camping spaces in this area are only 10’x15′, but you still get all of the great GA amenities.
- Easy Camping: The Easy Camping spaces come with a pre-pitched tent that includes a queen-sized air mattress, sleeping bags, pillows, and camp chairs. This option gives you access to all the same amenities as the previous options, as well as a premium spot close to the Village Marketplace!
- RV Camping: This gives you a 20’x50′ space that fits one RV. In addition to all of the regular amenities, you’ll also have access to RV services like water refills and gray or black water pumps for an extra fee. You can choose between doing RV Camping with hookups or no hookups; RV Camping with hookups comes with a 30 amp/110 v hookup.
- Jurassic Glamping: This one is for my boujee folks! The Jurassic Glamping spaces give you a 16.5′ diameter Bell Tent, bed/cot packages, lights, locks, fans, electricity, and more. You’ll have a premium location close to the festival entrance, and the amenities are next level. You will have access to private lounges, 24-hour concierge service, a complimentary beauty bar, continental breakfast, massage parlor, and air-conditioned bathrooms and shower facilities. You even receive a complimentary Thursday Early Entry Pass and Jurassic Glamping Parking Pass with this ticket!
Regardless of which camping option you choose, it’s important to follow the festival’s camping rules to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. Some of the most important rules include:
- Keep your campsite clean: Make sure to respect the land and properly dispose of all trash in the designated areas.
- Respect your neighbors: Your neighbors can easily become some of your best friends for the weekend at camping festivals! Just be sure to be mindful and respect your neighbors’ space and privacy if they make that known.
- Know what you can and cannot bring: Check out the Allowed and Prohibited Items List on the Lost Lands website.
- No open fires: Fires are not allowed in the camping area. Make sure to bring a portable stove or grill if you want to cook!
- Follow all safety guidelines: Make sure to follow all safety guidelines provided by the festival, including those related to weather, emergency situations, and medical assistance.
Overall, the camping experience at Lost Lands is a unique and exciting way to fully immerse yourself in the festival. Whether you’re a seasoned camper or a first-timer, the festival offers various camping options to suit your needs and preferences. Just make sure to come prepared with all necessary camping gear and to follow the festival’s camping rules to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone!
What To Expect When You Arrive
One of the first things you’ll notice when arriving at Lost Lands is the festival’s incredible attention to detail in terms of its Jurassic theme. The festival grounds are adorned with giant dinosaur statues, themed stages, and other cool decorations and attractions. It truly feels like you’ve stepped back in time to a prehistoric era!
There are also plenty of things to do at the campsite if you decide to camp at Lost Lands. At the campsite, you can expect to find a lively atmosphere filled with other festival-goers. You can set up your campsite, explore the grounds, and make new friends. The campsite also features various activities, such as yoga sessions, workshops, and games. Make sure to check the festival schedule for the full list of activities.
Before the festival officially begins, Lost Lands hosts pre-parties on Wednesday and Thursday night. This is a great opportunity to get a head start on the festivities and to check out some of the artists performing at the festival. You do have to purchase an additional ticket to access these parties, and you can find more information about that option HERE.
Lost Lands Stages and Attractions
Lost Lands boasts an impressive lineup of bass music acts, drawing in fans from all over the world. With multiple stages and attractions, there is always something new to explore at the festival. Here’s a breakdown of some of the festival’s main stages and attractions:
*Stage names are based on the 2022 stages.
- Prehistoric Evolution: This is the festival’s main stage and is undoubtedly one of the most impressive structures you’ll see at any music festival. It is absolutely massive. This is where you will see the biggest names on the lineup perform usually!
- Wompy Woods: This stage is located in a wooded area of the festival grounds, featuring a natural backdrop that complements the music perfectly. It is also the second largest stage at Lost Lands!
- Forest Stage: This stage is deep in the forest and is the perfect place to stumble upon while exploring the festival. This stage features a variety of bass genres, like dubstep, drum and bass, freeform bass, and more.
- Subsidia Stage: This is another wooded stage where you can find heavy bass, experimental sounds, and the absolute trippiest vibes.
- There are a few other smaller stages where you can branch out and discover new artists and amazing music. The other stages are called Raptor Valley, The Asteroid, and the Village Stage. The Village Stage is located in the campgrounds.
In addition to the music stages, Lost Lands also offers a variety of attractions and activities to keep festival-goers entertained throughout the weekend. These attractions include:
- Dinosaurs: Lost Lands wouldn’t be Lost Lands without all of the amazing dinosaurs. And I’m not talking some cheap, flimsy dinosaur statues… these things are LEGIT. Like, LIFE-SIZED legit. Be sure to take some time to walk around the venue and check out all of the incredible dinosaurs!
- Food and Drinks: Enjoy a wide array of food and beverage options available at Lost Lands! They will come out with a list of all the food and drink vendors as the festival dates get closer.
- Vendor Village: I highly recommend dedicating some time to check out all of the amazing shops and art located at the Vendor Village. Make sure to have some extra cash saved up to use for shopping, trust me!
- Decorations and Performers: The decorations and performers do a great job enhancing the festival and really bring the Jurassic theme to life!
What Can I Expect To Spend At Lost Lands?
Attending Lost Lands can be a significant financial investment, and it’s essential to have a clear idea of what you can expect to pay. Here is a comprehensive breakdown of the estimated costs for attending Lost Lands:
- Festival Tickets: The cost of a General Admission ticket for Lost Lands typically ranges from $300 to $400, while VIP tickets can range from $500 to $700. The price will vary depending on when you purchase the ticket, so it’s best to buy early to get the cheapest price.
- Camping: If you choose to camp at Lost Lands, camping fees range from around $100 to over a thousand dollars, depending on the option you choose. GA camping is the most popular option, and the price will vary depending on the type of camping you select. Tent camping is the cheapest option, while RV camping and glamping are the most expensive.
- Transportation: Transportation costs will depend on your mode of transportation and where you are traveling from. If you’re flying, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $500 for a round-trip ticket, depending on your departure city and the time of year. If you’re driving, you’ll need to factor in the cost of gas, tolls, and parking fees.
- Food and Drinks: At the festival, expect to pay around $10 to $25 for a meal and $5 to $15 for drinks. It’s best to bring some snacks and drinks with you to help save on costs.
- Merchandise: If you want to purchase merchandise, be prepared to spend anywhere from $20 to $100 (or more) for t-shirts and other items.
- Other Expenses: Additional expenses to consider include any pre-party tickets, parking fees, and any necessary equipment or supplies for camping.
In conclusion, Lost Lands is a must-attend festival for headbangers looking for an immersive and unforgettable experience. With a lineup of top-notch artists, Jurassic-themed stages and attractions, and a vibrant camping community, Lost Lands is a festival like no other. So, pack your bags, get ready to rage, and join thousands of other bass music fans at Lost Lands for an unforgettable journey into the prehistoric realm of bass music!
Curious about what other big music festivals are going on throughout the year? Be sure to check out some of our other articles to see which festivals you might want to add to your travel plans:
This post was all about Lost Lands Music Festival.
Share This Article
Follow Us On Social
The Raveraide Story – What’s Inside Our Product
Curious about what's actually inside Raveraide? Here's a full breakdown of everything you need to know
11 Rave Essentials You Need To Bring To Your First Festival
So, you’re going to an electronic dance music festival! After attending countless shows and doing extensive research, we have crafted the perfect list of rave essentials to ensure that you have the best first experience!
13 Rave Recovery Ingredients Inside Raveraide That Will Help You Bounce Back Fast
If you’ve been searching for a go-to supplement to add to your rave recovery stack, then look no further. We’ll explain each ingredient in our hydration sticks so you know that we know what we’re talking about, and so you can be a little less nervous about those science-y words on the ingredient list. We’ve got you.
Copyright © 2022, RAVERAIDE